In today’s Adobe Illustrator tutorial I’m going to share some useful techniques for creating a vintage style engraved text effect just like the illustrations you see on paper money or banknotes. By applying transformations and effects using Illustrator’s Appearance panel we can preserve the live text, rather than have to first outline the text into shapes, which means it can’t then be edited. Using this same technique, you can combine various colours and effects to craft a variety of retro and vintage text styles, just like my free download of Retro Text Effect Graphic Styles for Adobe Illustrator.
- ^ Adobe Illustrator (spoon.graphics)
- ^ Retro Text Effect Graphic Styles for Adobe Illustrator (blog.spoongraphics.co.uk)
- ^ https://spoon.graphics/3lsPqCu (spoon.graphics)
- ^ http://spoon.graphics/2mdLNil (blog.spoongraphics.co.uk)
- ^ https://spoon.graphics/envato (spoon.graphics)
- ^ Subscribe to the Spoon Graphics YouTube Channel (www.youtube.com)
- ^ Access This Download (blog.spoongraphics.co.uk)